Sept. 8 Workshop: Art Sales Advisor Wizard Brought Back by Popular Demand
The crowd at our packed July member meeting was glued to every word of art consultant Margaret Danielak’s short presentation on “How to Sell Your Art, With or Without a Gallery.” Her advice was so meaningful to attendees that several signed a list to register for a future more in-depth workshop on this topic.
You talk, MAFA listens! MAFA Members and non-members are invited to a four-hour workshop entitled “The ART of Selling ART” on Saturday morning, November 3rd at the Fellowship Room at First Baptist Church, 223 S. Encinitas Ave., (1 block east of Myrtle Ave), Monrovia, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost for members will be $40 and for non-members will be $60. Registration is open at monroviafinearts.org/events. Invite a friend!
Here’s the workshop outline:
1. Evaluate Your Art – Prepare to Sell
- How do you describe yourself and your work? (Elevator Speech)
- How do you price your work? (Seven factors)
- What are the top reasons artists are not accepted into galleries?
- Do you know what to look for in a gallery?
- To be or not to be in a gallery. Cool alternative venues.
2. Market Your Art
- What are the most effective ways to promote your art?
- How do you build your mailing list? (Do you have an email marketing plan?)
- Are you armed with a business card, portfolio, website?
- How do you use social media and electronic devices to promote your work?
3. Sell Your Art
- Do you know how to close a sale? Do you know what to say?
- Handling client objections with ease.
(Practice Session: Role playing exercise)
- Do you know how to sell more than one at a time/upsell?
- What is follow up and why is it so necessary?
The daughter of artists, Margaret Danielak is the owner of Danielak Fine Art and the author of the handbook for fine artists: A Gallery without Walls: Selling Art in Alternative Venues (ArtNetwork Press) which was a featured selection of North Light Book Club. www.danielakfineart.com