It’s Fun! It’s Free! It’s Family! It’s a Thanksgiving Treat!
Amateurs, families, students, and professionals: Help spread art all over from the driveway or sidewalk of your home! Compete for prizes!
Suggested Artwork Theme: “What We’re Thankful For,” but artists can choose their own theme as long as it is family-friendly.Who’s Eligible:
- Residents: All Monrovia residents and families are welcome to enter.
- Monrovia resident children under 12 (with the written permission of parent or guardian) and the parent should appear in the art photo with the child.
- Artists/Chalk Artists: You’re invited no matter where you live!
How to Register for Chalksgiving
Fill out, sign, and submit this electronic entry form.
How to Get your Free Personalized Chalksgiving Starter Kit Including Chalk:
STARTING NOVEMBER 13, you can pick up your free chalk kit at our partner office at Century 21 Adams & Barnes, 433 W. Foothill Blvd. They are open on these days:
Monday through Friday, Nov 13-17, front desk, 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday, Nov 18, parking lot, 10 am to noon
Monday through Wednesday, Nov 20-22, front desk, 9 am to 5 pm
If you cannot pick up your kit during this time frame, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
- At the front desk, ask for your chalk kit using the last name you used to register for Chalksgiving.
Chalk Photo Entry Deadline: Midnight November 26, 2023
How to Submit Your Photo Entries:Email two photos of your chalk artwork to email@example.com by midnight on November 26.
- Photo 1: Art alone
- Photo 2: Art and its creator(s) (and parent if minor) next to their art.
Both photos must include the MAFA logo placard included in the starter kit at the lower right-hand corner of the photos.Judging: Winners will be determined by a MAFA jury panel whose decision is final.
- The first, second, and third place winners in each category will be announced on MAFA’s Facebook page, and winners will be notified by email.
- Prizes will be made available for pickup after that at MAFA’s Partner Office, Century 21 Adams & Barnes, 433 W. Foothill Ave, Monrovia.
Prizes: $50 gift certificates for local Monrovia non-chain restaurants chosen in a drawing by the Monrovia Chamber president.
Questions? Contact Christine Geltz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 483-0560.